April 6, 2009

A Quick Intro

Where do I begin? Lately, I have been dealing with Spring Fever, and tons of new ideas and ambitions. This is combined with the uncertainty and stress of my husband, whom I'll call, Mr. M, starting his own home improvement business. I thought it was bad enough when we were jumping through hoops and getting tangled in red tape just to get his license -- Maryland is tough!

I'll begin by saying that Mr. M has been in the construction field for 12+ years. But, he's always worked for other people. Over the years, he's learned a little bit about the business aspect of things, but not quite as much as he'd anticipated he'd need for his own business. He's just now learning how to bid a job, draw up contracts that cover his butt and his clients' butts, pay business taxes and set up his own business account, keep track of all of his expenses and income, and the list goes on. And, on top of it all, he hasn't touched a computer in years and years! It was a process just to teach him how to use e-mail, but he's already doing quite well with that. But, he is learning how easy it is to get addicted to it, too!

So, while I'm dealing with his voiced uncertainties about his business and random work schedule, I have to deal with a job where I sit at a desk for 8 hours a day and do science stuff. I enjoy it for the most part, but I really miss interacting with people. So, I'm in the process of starting an Etsy shop (which I'll post more about later), debating becoming a Pampered Chef consultant, and starting numerous DIY projects for our home. Whew!

This blog will hopefully help get my thoughts together, give me an outlet to rant every once in a while, and maybe pull ideas and advice from any readers. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Well that's a lot on your plates! Good luck with everything. You'll probably find Etsy extremely addictive, too!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin