May 7, 2009

More Downs Than Ups and Gooey Cupcakes

Yesterday was Mr. M's birthday. We agreed to keep it simple since we had just gotten back from vacation and have another wedding to go to this weekend. So, I got him a cute card and some of his favorite ice cream. And, since I had absolutely no time to even think about baking him a cake, I bought Edy's Slow Churned Take the Cake ice cream. Can I just say how surprised I was that it tasted exactly like cake?

We went out to one of Mr. M's favorite restaurants for dinner. We got our usual, then headed back home to eat the ice cream. Two of our friends from church stopped over at about 8:30 or so to watch Lost with us. It is unheard of for us to miss it! Anyway, the friends brought over cupcakes from Coldstone Creamery. I never heard of them, and they are so sickeningly sweet, but so cool, too! (No pun intended). They have different varieties of cake, with different flavors of ice cream on top, then icing, and it's all in a Belgian chocolate cupcake cup. Needless to say, I couldn't finish mine, and Mr. M was happy to finish it for me.

On another note, Mr. M was kind of bummed for part of the day because a potential client to which he had given an estimate called him to say they were going to hold off on the job for now. So, he instantly thinks that he bid the job too high. That could very well be the case, but knowing how he's bid jobs in the past, I know he's not high at all. Sometimes I wish he'd ask for a bit more because I feel like he's undercutting himself and his abilities. But, anyway, my perspective is that maybe it's because the economy is crap right now and they're saving their money for something they may need a bit more later on. Who knows...

So, now Mr. M is worried about how he's going to get more business. Plus, the one job that he initially thought would only take him several days is now taking him almost two weeks. The crappy weather doesn't help, either. He's worried about getting paid in time to meet with his accountant next week because we surely can't take the money out of our regular account, and he may not have enough in his business account to cover it, currently.

I know everything works out for when the Good Lord thinks we need it the most. But, as humans, we love to worry. So, hopefully, all of the downs we've encountered, and will encounter in the future, will soon be outnumbered by many ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin