August 4, 2009

Something Random: Necklace Storage DIY

So, I'm trying to decide how I want to store all of my necklaces, especially out in the open. Right now, they're stuffed in one of my dresser drawers, and I hate sifting through it every morning to find a necklace to wear for the day. I guess it has its upside in that I occasionally find necklaces I forgot I had, so it's kind of like my birthday all over again or something. But, I'd love to be able to see all of my pretties hanging up on my wall.

And here is the perfect spot:


It's such a plain corner right now. Please don't mind the dust or the super, design-savvy laundry bags. Our bedroom is definitely still a work in progress. I'm thinking, though, of hanging the necklace hanger on the same wall that the lamp is sitting along.

I'm torn between two different ideas. The first is to attach a few random knobs to the wall, or use a pretty board to attach them to and then hang on the wall.

Knobs from Anthropologie

Or using this idea from Young House Love:


I wouldn't leave so much space for earrings, as I wear mostly studs. And I'd probably hang the bulletin board (a smaller one than above) so the long sides are horizontal. I haven't thought of what kind of fabric I'd use yet, and it's pretty difficult for me to browse for it around here since there aren't too many fabric stores left in my area. Bah.

If you have any thoughts, I'd love to hear them. I'm not sure when I'll actually put a plan into action, but rest assured that you will get an update once this project is complete.

3 comments:

  1. http://www.pier1.com/Catalog/CandlesFragrance/CandlesFragrance/tabid/485/CategoryID/100/List/0/catpagesize/25/Level/a/ProductID/1692/ProductName/Bird-Nest-Tea-Light-Holder-Sconce/Default.aspx

    If you don't have too many necklaces, they can nicely drape over the branches and leaves, and the litte candle holder nest is perfect for studs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Thanks for the idea! I never considered anything like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For hook earring, I also high recommend using an old wire CD stand (which you can get at any thrift store for 1.99). You can paint it any colour you want, and it displays earrings beautifully with hardly no work needed!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin