August 27, 2009

Something Roomy


This is New York City's skinniest house. Located in Greenwich Village, it's only 9 1/2 feet wide and 42 feet long. Supposedly, it gets a lot of light with large windows and a skylight. And, it can be yours for 2.7 million dollars!

Apparently, it had some historical figures that called it home in the past, including anthropologist Margaret Mead and poet Edna St. Vincent Millay. I honestly don't know who they are, but it sounds good.

Could you live in a home that is only 9 1/2 feet wide? I think it would make for some interesting design challenges!

But, I think I'll hold off. The price tag is just a bit too steep for me.

You can read the original article here. The photo is from the link, too.

1 comment:

  1. 9 1/2 feet... never (well, maybe for the right price)! Right now, I'm in a room that's 9 1/2 by 10 and it's sooo cramped.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin