August 10, 2009

Something Yummy: Easiest Brownies Ever!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we usually go to a friend's house on Thursday nights and take turns making dessert to eat while drinking their yummy coffee. I found this recipe from The Kitchn, and had to share it. I did a test run last week with it, just to make sure everybody would like it. Mr. M and I both liked it a lot, so it's a definite go for this week's dessert. Here's the uber-simple recipe:

The One-Minute Brownie
  • 1 box cake mix (pick any flavor; I used a devil's food cake mix)
  • 1 box sugar-free jello (I originally wanted raspberry, but Target didn't have it, so I went with strawberry)
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Apply non-stick spray to an 8"x 8" pan. Mix all ingredients together well, spoon into pan and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

And, voila! Nummy brownies! I did have to leave mine in the oven about 15-20 minutes longer than the recipe. I think my oven gets testy at times. But, regardless, they were definitely well worth the wait.

If you're wondering why I have no pictures for this post, it's for several different reasons.
  1. I'm too lazy to take a picture, upload it onto my computer, and resize it so Blogger actually likes it and will stick it in my post properly.
  2. I eat the stuff before remembering to take a picture.
  3. I think I take pretty crappy food pictures, so I tend to just avoid taking them.
Enjoy your brownies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin