December 31, 2009

A Resolution or Two

I am a bad, bad blogger. What kind of posting is this, to not post in weeks, then pop into the picture again? Ugh, I am sorry!

I am heading for a major change in my life, and I guess it is somewhat appropriate that it will fall shortly after the new year begins. Back in October, my supervisor informed me that I would have until early March (at the latest) to find a new job because they could not guarantee funding for me after that. Ah, the glory of contracting! I have been on the job hunt since I had found out, and it has been quite a stress for me. I have been doing a lot of soul-searching, crying, more soul-searching submitting applications, resume revising, more crying, more resume revising, more applications, and on and on. What makes things more difficult is that I still really don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Do I stay in the same type of position I am in now, or do I seek something new? I know God has good things in store for me, but my human impatience is getting the better of me.

Despite, the stress of job hunting, I have also been learning about myself and my faith. This has, in turn, led me to a few resolutions that I have for 2010:
  1. I need to learn how to make more time to just relax. Not just relax my body, but my mind, too.
  2. I want to start a project and finish it. That is difficult for me to do, as is evident by my numerous cross-stitch projects that have been started, but not finished. Other than cross-stitch, I am drawn to photography, so I will participate in Project 365 in 2010. I think it would be a great way to chronicle my life amidst job hunting, being newly married, dealing with Mr. M's business, etc. And I hope to post some of the images here over the course of the year.
  3. I am going to make things I have found online as great DIY projects, some of which will include:


Miniature Fabric Flower Garland


Ruffly Felt Wreath


Perpetual Photo Calendar


That is my list, and I'm sticking to it. Hopefully. I will also keep you posted on my progress on my DIY projects throughout the year. Oh, yes, and I hope to be a better blogger in 2010, too!

I wish everybody a very happy and prosperous new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin