November 15, 2010

I Crack Myself Up

I am one of those people that are extremely wary of e-mails I receive from addresses with which I am not familiar. I constantly lecture Mr. M on the dangers of opening e-mails from people he does not recognize. He still opens every one of them. It's a good thing we have a Mac.

Anyway, on more than one occasion, I have scared myself when seeing new e-mails in my inbox. They normally come in pairs, and the first e-mail I see is something along the lines of 'Notification of payment received'. I instantly think somebody got into my account and made unauthorized purchases, which turns out to be so not the case!

You see, when I get the few and far between Etsy sale, that is how I am notified. That first e-mail is from Paypal notifying me that funds were deposited into my account. The second e-mail is from Etsy, telling me I made a sale. It takes me at least a good minute or so to realize I've made a sale. And then when I do, I wind up doing a happy dance in my chair with silent 'Yays!'.

I wonder if I will ever just instantly know I made a sale? Or will I always be the skeptic at first, then feel like a complete and total moron, later, after realization hits?

1 comment:

  1. Based on personal experience, you'll probably always be a skeptic. And how do you do silent "yays!"? Mine "yays!" are always really really loud. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin