November 20, 2010

Just For Fun


Have you ever heard of tilt shift for photos? Basically, it takes a regular photo and, by magic that I am not at all experienced at, will make it appear as if everything is in miniature. It is a really fun effect!

Source

Source

There is a website that allows you to create tilt shift images very easily. If you go to tiltshiftmaker.com, you can upload any image and play with the tools provided to create a 'miniature' land. There are also ways to create tilt shift effects in Photoshop, GIMP, and other photo editors, and there are great tutorials out there that will show you how to do it. I hadn't had any images for quite some time that I thought would make good 'miniature' lands, but I remembered a photo I took when Mr. M and I went to St. Michael's, MD for an anniversary trip. I played around at tiltshiftmaker.com, and here is my final result!

St. Michael's Tilt-shift


If you would like to see more tilt shift images, check out the Flickr pool specifically for tilt shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin