January 6, 2011

Looking back on 2010

If I could put my 2010 into one word, that word would definitely be 'challenging'.

2010 was the second year of Mr. M's and my marriage. Just that in itself is a challenge, as most people would say by then the honeymoon is over. Although we have had our ups and downs in our relationship, I can at least say that our honeymoon is still going strong. And we are becoming a much stronger couple as the days go by.

2010 was also the second year of Mr. M's business. Although the first year for his business was extremely challenging, 2010, I believe, was much more challenging than the first. Mr. M encountered not only new business challenges, but a lot of personal challenges, as well. I almost feel like sometimes his business is a chance for him to learn about himself in more ways than he could ever imagine. And because of these challenges that Mr. M has faced, he has learned a lot more about what he needs to do for himself, and I have learned a lot more about patience and tact. A lot more!

2010 was the year I had an abrupt job change. Early in the year, my supervisor stopped by my office to inform me that I would not have a job there in 3 months. It was a serious kick to the gut and at first I was very angry and hurt. I felt like they had no need for me anymore, so they were just dumping me to the curb. Gotta love contracting. During my job search, I learned a lot more about myself and what I really wanted in a career. And, thankfully, the day that was to be my last day of my previous job turned out to be the first day of my new job. And I could not be happier!

Through all of 2010, Mr. M and I both learned that to get through it all we needed to rely on God. If it were not for Him, I don't think our relationship would be as strong as it is now and I don't think Mr. M's business would be as successful as it is now. I think our biggest challenge for 2010 was learning to depend on the Lord. And I think we have been successful so far, although it will forever be an ongoing process.

2 comments:

  1. You certainly had some major changes all in one year! Glad it was a successful & happy one for you both!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin