January 20, 2011

My Wonderful Man

My husband has so many unique and special qualities that I truly believe God broke the mold when He made him. Others tend to agree. He does possess the usual qualities any great husband has, but he also has some special ones that I think truly make him unique.

First, he cannot tell a lie. He is flat-out horrible at telling lies. Therefore, he is an extremely honest man, personally and in his business. He pulls all permits when needed, which a lot of contractors hate to do. It makes it hard for him to find decent subcontractors that are licensed and willing to pull permits, but I think it is all worth it for the whole job. His employee and temporary help get paid what they are due and are covered by workman's compensation. Some companies don't provide that at all, although they are supposed to, by law. Overall, he gets extremely irritated with people that tell him it is okay to not do everything 'by the book'. In the end, though, he will wind up being okay in everything because he has done everything right. I worry for those other contractors and friends that try to cheat the system.


I love the scar he has on his lip. Chicks dig scars. I can't remember how he got it, but I do know it happened when he was little.

He loves the Lord with all his heart. He takes his job seriously as the spiritual leader of our household. He prays for us, our family, and our friends. Before making any big decisions with his business, he prays for wisdom and guidance. Also, he is not afraid to let me know when I may be pulling away from the Lord, whether it is just my attitude or slacking off with reading my Bible. 

Last, he is the most patient man in the world. A good example of this quality is when he stayed at the mall with me for SEVERAL HOURS while I waited in line and did girly stuff during the the Westfield Style Tour, as I mentioned here. He's not only patient in the fact that he waits, but he is  patient with a great attitude to back it up. He feels if it makes me happy, it is worth his wait. Another good example of his patience is just dealing with me on a daily basis, especially when we first started dating. I am really surprised he did not turn and run as far away as he could! Reason being, before meeting Mr. M, I was in an abusive relationship, both mentally and emotionally (I guess they could be rolled together). I was so brainwashed with what I thought the way things were supposed to be that if Mr. M did something completely innocent and it happened to be a 'trigger' for me, I would break down and sob or get extremely upset. Then, he would have that deer in headlights look because he had absolutely no clue as to what just happened. Luckily for him, I was open and willing to talk everything out with him, and he was so open to being there for me and to teach me what was right and how a man should treat a woman. I am still a work in progress, but I can definitely say he treats his woman like a queen!




And, thank you, Mama Kat for choosing my post as one of your favorites from last week's writing prompts!

12 comments:

  1. Hey there! Just found you through Mama Kat's writing blog...actually just discovered Mama Kat's. Thank you for sharing the wonderful qualities that make your man so special. Being 40...ahem...something... and single AND coming from an (emotionally and in the end physically) abusive relationship myself, I truly appreciate that there are men who can love you through the healing of any lingering hurts. Currently I am dealing with a few health issues and blogging has had to take a back seat. But rest assured, I WILL be back to visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow sounds like you have yourself an amazing husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for visiting! Mr. M has definitely taught me that there is a light
    at the end of the tunnel, and I hope that in some way, I will pass that hope
    on to others that have come from similar backgrounds. I hope you work
    through your health issues easily and I look forward to your next visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! And, you know, it really didn't dawn on me right away about how
    great he is. But, over time, I am learning more and more about him that
    makes him an even greater husband every day. I am truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your husband sounds like a pretty amazing guy. I am arriving from MamaKat's a little late. It's such a blessing that he loves the Lord with all his heart and that you recognize him as the spiritual leader of your household, that's very powerful.


    htttp://bubblingwitheleganceandgrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. He sounds like an awesome guy! Mine also is pretty patient with me throughout shopping episodes. Among other things...

    Visiting from mamakats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the good men are definitely the patient ones! :-) Thanks for
    stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just got here from Mama Kat's! :)

    Awww.. your husband sounds really sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, you're right. Hubby does sound like a sweetie. Patience is such a wonderful quality in a person. Sounds like he really loves you too.

    Thanks for sharing. Stopping by via Mama Kat's!
    Come by and visit me sometime:)
    www.beeswithhoney.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jdaniel4smom9/26/11, 10:04 AM

    You have yourself a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you got one of the good guys all right. I did too but I wish he would take more of a spiritual lead in our home. I too am treated like a queen though! Honesty and integrity are great traits and rare.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww..he sounds like a real sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin