February 8, 2011

Trying on eShakti

A while back, I wrote a post drooling over the then-new company eShakti. Have you ever heard of this online clothing store? If not, you are missing something great! eShakti is not your run-of-the-mill online retailer because, if you so choose for just a few dollars more, you can have almost anything on their site custom-made to fit your own measurements, as well as changing the sleeve, neckline, and length. For somebody like me having a long torso and short legs, or a missy size top and petite bottom, this is like a dream come true. Sure, I do not have much problems finding shirts, but when it comes to pants, jeans, skirts, and dresses, I have a lot of trouble finding something that does not need tailoring.

Quoting Jennifer, head of marketing, "Shakti means power in Sanskrit. eShakti therefore means the power of the Net. We believe the internet empowers customers and helps companies be customer-centered." In this time, I think it is all too important for companies to be customer-centered. After all, if it were not for the customers, companies would not flourish! 

I ordered this dress and received it in about a week's time, which is excellent for something that is tailored to my measurements.


So, how about fit and quality? I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical that the dress would actually fit, but to my amazement, it fit perfectly! I chose the above-knee length, and that's exactly where the dress ended. It was not too tight in any area and is extremely comfortable. The dress is made out of a nice quality cotton material and the skirt is fully-lined with a coordinating, dark green color.

And what did Mr. M think? Well, let's just say upon first sight, he dropped to his knees in front of me with a huge exclamatory gasp and gave me a huge hug. How's that for affirming the dress looks good?



Don't mind the leftovers from my last DIY project in the background. I still haven't figured out where to put it. What you need to do is focus on that belt. How cute is it? It has a bow on it! And it came with the dress! Super-cuteness! It makes the dress so much more versatile, too. Bonus!

How about customer service? It was fabulous! The people with eShakti were very responsive and friendly. If I sent an e-mail asking a question, they responded either that same day or the following business day. Great customer service combined with a really nice dress? That is an A+ in my book!

There were only a few minor things that I noticed that were small negatives, but I am sure they will be taken care of in the future. The first was regarding the side zipper on my dress. There was nothing wrong with the zipper working, but it was the same chartreuse color for the entire length of it, even where it extended into the skirt. It stands out like a sore thumb, but it is something being taken care of with eShakti. My only other concern was about care instructions. Each item at eShakti has a potential to be cared for differently, whether it is to be hand-washed, dry-cleaned, etc. The only instructions I found were on their website with each garment description. It would have been nice to have instructions included in the package or even sewn into the dress as a care tag. 

Overall, I am over-the-top pleased with eShakti and will be back for more! And, as a special for my lovely readers, if you head over to eShakti before Feb. 28, you can receive a 20% discount with the code, COLIESCRAFTS2011.

2 comments:

  1. I love their stuff! I've yet to order but I really need to. That dress is beautiful and it looks AMAZING on you! It's perfect for your shape, hair style, coloring etc. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliments! The dress is actually a bit out of my usual
    clothing choice, especially since I tend to shy away from fuller skirts. I
    am learning it's good to go out of your comfort zone sometime, especially
    when it turns out to be something you love.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin