June 29, 2011

Balancing Act

When we first moved into my townhome, we had arranged our furniture differently than what it is today. Several of my favorite wall hangings were added to the main wall in a way that suited the original furniture layout. For a while the group of wall hangings looked off-center. I had lived with it that way for a while, but I was becoming more and more discontent with it. And I really did not want to move the pieces that were already up there. Please observe.

Photobucket

See what I mean? It was very off-center.

I had this 11x14 framed picture that I wanted to hang with the existing grouping.

Photobucket

And here is its paper mock-up hung where I was wanting to add it to the group.

Photobucket

My predicament was then figuring out what to add above the paper mock-up. I was thinking of possibly adding a shelf to display a few items, but could not find a length I was happy with. My mom gave me one to try, but it turned out to be longer than I wanted, plus I would have had to paint it. I was also considering some type of wall art, but because I already had the wall art of the branch, I was not sure if more wall art would be the answer. I was at a loss. And I also did not want to spend a whole lot of money, so that complicated things a bit.

Enter a blog giveaway for a $150 gift certificate to Joss and Main. And me winning it. It took me several weeks of watching their rotating sales, but I soon happened upon a print inspired by the Disney movie, Mary Poppins. It had the colors I like to have in the room, appeared to be the perfect length and height, and was already framed.

Now I am happy that the wall looks a bit more balanced.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin