July 19, 2011

This Bud's For You

Mr. M and I enjoy going for walks in the evening if it is not too overly hot. About a week or so ago, we took a longer walk than usual and passed by one of my favorite trees, a  mimosa tree. It was in bloom and the smell of its flowers was so intoxicating. Because Mr. M has the tall advantage, I asked him if he could break a small branch off for me so I could take some flowers home.
Photobucket
Mimosa flowers sure are strange, but they smell incredible! And those green clusters in the left part of the photo turned out to be buds. I had no idea until they started flowering!
Photobucket
Photobucket
This is how they looked when they started to open that very same evening. They were so interesting. And then, as they progressed further, it was amazing to see how straight the flowers become after starting out so curly.
Photobucket
Nature never ceases to amaze me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin