August 12, 2011

Fill In The Blank Friday

It's Lauren's birthday!
In celebration of Lauren's birthday, what could be better than a birthday themed Fill in the Blank Friday?

1.  My most favorite birthday was -I was in elementary school and my dad got on this kick of having clowns perform at our birthday parties. Sugarbell performed at mine. I got to bake a 'cake' with her that turned out to be doves flying out of her oven. My parents have it on video and I giggled incessantly through the whole trick. What would put this birthday even higher on the list is if I were able to wear regular kid summer clothes instead of a frou-frou dress (because I was the birthday girl). Thanks, Mom!

2.  My worst birthday was - something that must have been so bad that I blocked it out of my memory. I really, honestly, cannot think of any.

3.  My favorite birthday memory is - when I had a super, low-key 21st birthday at home. My parents and several great family friends took me out to dinner at Cracker Barrel. In my parents' neck of the woods, that is almost along the lines of gourmet. Anyway, the best part was having a man dressed in a gorilla suit show up to deliver me 'Happy Birthday' balloons. Thanks, Dad! You are always the best at the over-the-top, borderline I-want-to-crawl-under-the-table surprises! And I love him for that, too!

4.  The best birthday present I've ever received was - my Canon G11 camera that Mr. M bought for me on my 30th. Talk about a splurge!

5.  The best birthday present I've ever given was - an old-school, classic Nintendo game console with a Metroid game that I gave to Mr. M before he was my hubby. Metroid was his favorite game and he could not believe his eyes when he opened his present. It was promptly hooked up to the nearest television and I had the pleasure of learning his 'Nintendo face'. That is the unconscious face you make when you are hard-core concentrating on video games.

6.  Birthdays are - great for celebrating a person and showing your appreciation for them. I do believe some people take it way too far and think they can act like divas or brats on their birthdays. But, you  know, it is just another day. It is fun to have a party and get gifts sometimes, but I definitely don't think that should be what birthdays are all about.

7.  My favorite age so far has been - 27. That's when Mr. M and I got married!

Stop over and wish Lauren a Happy Birthday and join in the fill-in-the-blank fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin