September 7, 2011

Wear I Work - Closet Adjustments Needed


Photobucket
Top: The Limited, Jeans: Gap, Shoes: Payless
Photobucket
Necklace: Not sure, Bracelet: Premier Designs
Sorry for the blurry top picture. I didn't realize it was blurry until I got it here. I should pay more attention. Or maybe just take better pictures.

Since I have been posting outfits and dreaming up new ways of wearing the clothes I already own, I have started to realize that there are some things that I feel I am lacking in my wardrobe. And there are other things that I seem to have too much of.

I have a ton of shirts and have noticed that I gravitate toward the same shirts over and over again. This has me wondering if I actually need those other shirts that I do not wear very often. Also, in regards to my shirts, I have way too many that would be classified as plain t-shirts and not enough that would be classified as blouses or interesting tops. I think I need to start expanding my horizons with something like these.



Source: shopruche.com



Source: modcloth.com



Source: shopruche.com

Another item in my wardrobe that needs some readjusting? Pants! I seem to have a plethora of casual jeans and not enough dark ones that are appropriate for work or extra special things. Also, I just have way too many jeans. Is that possible? In that, I mean I have more jeans than anything else. I have maybe two or three pairs of dress pants, but I feel I need to invest in a pair of pants that are appropriate for just about anything but are not jeans. Anna from In Honor of Design recently inspired me with her outfit.

Source
Aren't her pants the cutest? I love her whole outfit! I must find cute pants!

Also, I have a TON of neutral colored shoes. I have maybe one or two fun pairs in fun colors, but they're not comfortable enough to wear all the time. I need a punch of color in a shoe that is comfortable, too. Maybe something like these?

Source: shopruche.com

Source: modcloth.com

I am saving my pennies to go on a fall shopping trip soon. I am hoping I stick to my guns and buy things I really, truly love and that are great quality. When it comes to wardrobes, I really am starting to believe that I should have quality over quantity.

2 comments:

  1. Nicole, well so cool that I inspired you to try some different types of pants! I was feeling a little risky buying these but they were soooo comfortable and I loved how easy they were to dress up. 

    I also need some more color in the shoe department! I love your finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the lacy top from modcloth. One day, when I have big kid job with big kid money, I am going to shop at modcloth nonstop!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin