October 7, 2011

Fill In the Blank Friday



1.  Something popular that I can't stand/just don't "get" is - two things: 1. fake mustaches and 2. overpriced 'gourmet' cupcakes. Regarding the mustaches, do people really buy them on sticks to hold them up to their face and think they are all cute? Or draw them on their fingers? What is the whole point and why are people drawn to them? And the cupcakes? They better have some gold powder or diamonds in them for the prices I have seen! I could make the same kinds at home for much, MUCH less than what I have seen some being sold for.

2.  Something unpopular that I secretly love is - reading with a regular book. With all of the hullabaloo about e-readers lately, it seems regular paper books are so last century. I love the feel of holding a good book and turning its pages. Plus, if you have an e-reader, you can't let somebody 'borrow' your book! What fun is that? Then I couldn't put cute bookplates inside my books.

3.  When I've had a bad day, I - tend to curl up into my own shell and want to cross-stitch all night.

4.  I'd prefer pumpkin coffee to pumpkin pie any day.

5.  Something that makes me nervous is -being a passenger in the front seat of a car. That and the thought of presenting something to a bunch of people. I have not done it in so long, I think I am totally out of practice.

6.  Something worth fighting for is - my marriage. Not that we necessarily need fighting for it right now as we are continually ironing out wrinkles and learning more about each other. But, because a marriage is a lot of work, some days it can seem like a daily fight. And to stay together knowing that you love each other is so worth it!

7.  When people think of me, I hope they think - that I am a genuine person that expresses her own individuality. Someone that loves God and loves all people without judgement.

Come join in the fun with the little things we do and have a great weekend! I am looking forward to the forecasted sunny skies and awesome temperatures!

2 comments:

  1. Loving the funk print on that chair! Great post also.

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. I have a Kindle but I rarely use it -- I have tons of books all over the house and a weekly trip to the bookstore is my favorite thing to do when I'm having a crap day. And my favorite series is autographed -- can't do that digitally!

    I used to cross-stitch like CRAZY -- then I found beads.

    Glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin