October 28, 2011

Fill In the Blank Friday

I bought a dry erase calendar for Mr. M. Since business has been picking up, he has had very little downtime. It doesn't help that once he's focused on something, that is all he is really focused on. For a while, it felt like I was clamoring for some one-on-one time with him and was beginning to get really jealous of his business. I also noticed that he was stressing a bit more than usual and becoming really overwhelmed with all he had to get done that he managed to cram into one day. 

Enter the dry erase calendar. Maybe it was bought for me more than him so I could literally schedule our one-on-one time, his days off, and other personal things. Now, all Mr. M has to do is glance at the calendar and visualize what he has to do and work around the personal things. So far, it has worked well. He is less stressed and overwhelmed and we will officially have a 'No Business Weekend'! I am so looking forward to it!

And, since it's Friday, here is my fill in the blanks for the week. Join in the fun with the little things we do!

Source

1.  When I was a kid, I wanted to be a veterinarian or a model when I grew up. The scariest for my mom was when my brother, being maybe 5 years old, decided he wanted to be an astronaut on the very same day of the Challenger tragedy. Thankfully, he has not pursued that ambition!

2.  As an adult, my dream job would be - to become a professional organizer or interior designer. If I were to be an interior designer, I could totally envision Mr. M and I combining our efforts to create a total design and build company.
3.  When I was younger, I wanted to be just like - Valerie. She was always so bubbly, had lots of friends, was incredibly kind, and was tall. How I yearned to be tall! She was my best friend for many years until my family moved to another state.

4.  The childhood Halloween costume that I remember most was when I was - a punk rocker. I had the ever popular side ponytail going on with a shiny pink 'punk-rock' skirt that my mom made for me. I also clearly remember when my brother and I were Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy.

5.  My favorite childhood toy was - a close tie between my Barbie dolls and my Micro Machines.

6.  The time I got into the biggest amount of trouble when I was a kid was when I - 100% honestly forgot about my curfew. I was hanging out with a few of the neighborhood kids out on the sidewalk just jibber-jabbering away. The next thing I know, I see my dad stomping up the street with his scary face on. I was totally grounded.

7.  I get daily inspiration from - nature, other people, God, and my husband.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of having a dry erase calendar for you and your hubby both to see! I also completely love that you wanted to be a model. I agree, being a professional organizer would be so much fun!

    Happy Friday! Just stopping by from Fill in the Blank Friday!

    -Sarah from http://lovelovelovesar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is too funny your favorite toys seem to be at polar ends of the toy chain to me come by and see what my answers were at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin