October 31, 2011

Wear I Work - To Boldly Go

Photobucket
Top: Ann Taylor, Sweater: New York & Company, Jeans: New York & Company, Shoes: Old!,  
Belt: Old Navy, Necklace: Premier Designs

Here's a quick tip for today. If something catches your eye on the hanger, like a bold print such as the one above, but there are other things about the piece that you are unsure about, try it on! You really never know how things will look unless you try them on. Something that may appear completely ugly or cheap on the hanger may look incredibly chic when you wear it. Such was the case for the top above. Granted, it is from Ann Taylor and I found it on the clearance rack, but I am still very wary of quality. And, at first glance, this top appeared to be not too good in the quality department. I made myself try it on anyway and instantly fell in love with it. Plus, it is not a knit! I had mentioned in this post that I needed to expand my horizons away from everything knit, and this is my first step. Go me!

Recreate this look!

3 comments:

  1. Oh you are too cute and fun! I'm excited to be following your blog now...we have quite a few of the same articles of clothing and a similar style. Can't wait to see more of what you wear!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to find you! Your blog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I found your blog because of your guest post on Clothed Much, and I have to say this - you are not alone with the red shirt thing. I love red - it's my favorite color, but that shirt just sits in my closet waiting to be worn. I never know what to wear it with, because it always just seems to bold to be worn alone! That being said, I think I know what to wear it with now, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin