|Dress: Shade, Shoes: Aerosoles, Necklace: Premier Designs|
This is an extremely conservative dress with a length that I am normally not comfortable with. But, after looking at this photo, it really is a good length for me since it hits at the narrowest part around my knee. When a skirt hits at the narrowest part like that, it gives the illusion of thinner, more shapely legs. It is definitely something to keep in mind when shopping for skirts!
I really need to get over worrying about my short legs and skirt lengths and just wear what I am happy with, and one of those things is this dress. It is incredibly comfortable and a great base to really go crazy with accessories. Obviously, I did not go crazy with the accessories on this day, but just imagine what you could do!
Here are some ideas:
- Add a contrasting belt to define your waist.
- Pop on a blazer or cardigan.
- Scarves are always fun. (I need to learn more about accessorizing with scarves.)
- Wear some hot booties and tights.
- Combine any of the above!
Recreate the look!