November 16, 2011

Wear I Work - Plum Conservative

Photobucket
Dress:  Shade, Shoes: Aerosoles, Necklace: Premier Designs

This is an extremely conservative dress with a length that I am normally not comfortable with. But, after looking at this photo, it really is a good length for me since it hits at the narrowest part around my knee. When a skirt hits at the narrowest part like that, it gives the illusion of thinner, more shapely legs. It is definitely something to keep in mind when shopping for skirts! 

I really need to get over worrying about my short legs and skirt lengths and just wear what I am happy with, and one of those things is this dress. It is incredibly comfortable and a great base to really go crazy with accessories. Obviously, I did not go crazy with the accessories on this day, but just imagine what you could do!

Here are some ideas:
  1. Add a contrasting belt to define your waist.
  2. Pop on a blazer or cardigan.
  3. Scarves are always fun. (I need to learn more about accessorizing with scarves.)
  4. Wear some hot booties and tights.
  5. Combine any of the above!
How would you wear a dress like this?

Recreate the look!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I too am ALWAYS looking to have thinner shapely legs...it's a losing battle. But you look GREAT! So flattering on you and very vintage...like your little pose and the post title :)

    SUPER HAPPY those shoes worked out for ya! They will be worth it!!!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin