December 3, 2011

Award-Winning Something

It is always nice to find out that somebody appreciates the things you do, however big or small they may be. This blog has always just been an outlet for me, not really expecting very many readers. To know that my readership has grown from maybe just one to 20-30 depending on the day makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. And then, I was even more warm and fuzzy when sweet Cambria from Jupe chose me as one of her fave blogs to receive lovely blogging awards!



So, as a recipient of such fine awards, here are the details regarding them:
  • Link back to the darling blogger you got the award from.
  • Write 7 random things about yourself.
  • Fill in the question form below.
  • Give the award to 10 other blogs and let them know.
7 Random Things About Me
  1. I am constantly seeing 11:11 and 1:11 in the most random places and at the most random times. A friend's watch, an inspection sticker on a car, in commercials, license plates, and so on... (Update: And when I went to schedule this post, the time already set by default, meaning the time I started writing this post, was 11:11 AM!)
  2. I write with my pen/pencil resting against my ring finger. Apparently, this is not the norm.
  3. I absolutely adore piggies, frogs, and turtles of all kinds. Pigs always look like they're smiling and they are incredibly cute when they wag their tails!
  4. I am intrigued by insects. If I find a new one in my house, it is no strange sight to see me catch it in a jar and study it for a while before I let it go somewhere outside.
  5. I love crafty, DIY things but never feel crafty enough to make them myself. I feel rather intimidated by them!
  6. I sang all through school and some of college. It was nothing for me to have a solo in a choir concert and perform in school musicals. And some of my all-time favorite memories came from being involved in a barbershop quartet for several years. I loved being a singing telegram for Valentine's Day!
  7. I would love to go back in time and see how things used to be in various parts of the country. And I am fascinated with historical architecture and old photos.
Question & Answer = fun!
  1.  Name your favorite song. - I'm like Cambria. I really don't have a favorite. It all depends on my mood. I could listen to anything from Sarah McLachlan (especially her Wintersong album!), various Christian artists, 2 Skinnee J's, old-school rap and hip-hop, piano compositions, and so on.
  2. Name your favorite dessert. - There was this lemon custard dessert from a now-closed restaurant close to where my parents live. That was my favorite while it still existed. Now I'd have to go with just about anything that involves custard. Or lemon!
  3. What pisses you off. - There's only one thing I can think of, and I have already climbed across a table to get in somebody's face about it. That is talking smack about my family. Otherwise, I'm pretty easy-going and do not get mad too easily.
  4. When you're upset, you... - I crawl into my own personal hole.
  5. Your favorite pet? - In general, puppy dogs! More specifically, it's a toss-up between Gracie (my cute little Spaniel/Border Collie mix that I had to let go of) and Rusty (my parents' Pom who just plain got old).
  6. Black or white? Can I say grey?
  7. Your biggest fear? Succumbing to any/all diseases that I have to check off on a doctor's family history checklist. I literally have to check almost all of them. Now I strive to eat healthy and exercise to decrease any chances.
  8. Best feature? - Is it weird that I never really thought about this? If I do think about it, I'm consistently most happy with my hair. So I'll say my hair.
  9. Everyday attitude? - I am always open to anything that may pop up throughout the day. I understand that there is a meaning to everything, however big or small. And I am open to love anybody I encounter, friend or stranger.
  10. What is perfection? - I haven't quite discovered it, yet. I really don't feel there is anything perfect on this earth, and that is the beauty of it all.
  11. Guilty pleasure? - Lucky Charms!
And the blogger award goes to...

Outfit 31 for her brilliant way to share outfit ideas and always sharing God's love. She lives in the same state as me, too! We must meet up for bloggy coffee sometime!

In Honor of Design for her fabulous sense of style, creativity, and wonderful personality. And she put together a gorgeous gift guide!

A Design Story for her knack for interior design and the courage to grow her own business. She has such a pretty blog that always provides inspiration.

life of love for the wonderful features she has on her blog. I'm pretty new to her blog, but it has become a fast favorite. Plus, she shares in the fun on Fill in the Blank Friday, too!

Kendi Everyday for the awesome ways she puts outfits together. And I love how she shows from where each piece came. It takes long enough for me to just upload and slightly modify my photos, let alone add info in cute fonts to them!

Bun on the Rise for being a great real life friend and creating a slightly 'crunchy' blog that always provides great information and inspiration. And I say 'crunchy' in a very endearing way!

Hello, Friend for having one of the prettiest blog I have ever seen. She always provides beautiful inspiration, great deals on handmade items, and just recently great style posts.

jones design company for being a truly inspiring place on the web. From lovely printables, great features, and lots of Christian inspiration, it's a blog that I truly love to visit!

I hope you all had more fun learning about me. I don't do personal posts too often, so it was fun to do something a little different. 


1 comment:

  1. OH my GOSH!!! I was just catching up on my blog reading and saw Outfit31.com!!! I'm so surprised!!! Made it worth turning on my computer today after a long weekend break!!! I get a Kreativ Blogger award!!! I'm so excited!!! I've never won a blogger award before!!! Wow!!! I'm so excited! Thank you so much. YOU really like me!!! I'm so happy that my little blog has brought a smile to your day and heart!!! Thank you again! How AWESOME is THAT?!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin