December 2, 2011

Fill In the Blank Friday

I'm baaack! I surely missed you all over the Thanksgiving holiday and this past week. My Thanksgiving was fabulous, having spent it with my family and getting the chance to see some aunts and uncles that I don't see very often.

Outfit posts will be back next week. I have some older photos that I will be posting, so I'm sure they won't reflect how cold it has gotten here recently. They're still plenty fun, though!

Source

1.  The holiday season is -a great time to reflect on all of the things you're thankful for and really appreciate your friends, family, where you are in life, and any blessings along the way. Granted, you should appreciate those things throughout the year, but it always seems to be magnified when the holiday season rolls around.

2.  Snow makes me - shudder at the thought of stepping out into it when there is a lot of it. When it is freshly fallen and everything seems so serene and glittery, that is when I appreciate it the most. And I appreciate it a lot when I don't have to go out into it and Mr. M does all the shoveling for us and our neighbors.

3.  The best comfort food to eat when it's cold out is - corn and kielbasa chowder. And hot coffee with fun flavors. And warm cookies. And hot chocolate with tons of marshmallows.

4.  Winter is the best time for - snuggling under comfy blankies, sipping on hot beverages, and cuddling with Mr. M. It's also the best time for catching colds and investing in lots of tissues!

5.  I can hardly wait for - the Secret Santa exchange with a few girls from work, my work holiday party (my first time going), and traveling South to see Mr. M's family for Christmas.

6.  When it comes to holiday gifts, I prefer to - try to find something as unique and different as possible. I love trying to put a lot of thought into what I give each and every person. Unfortunately, some of the things I would love to buy for others are way out of my budget!

7.  If I were to rate my excitement about the holiday season on a scale from 1-10, I would say I am at about a - 7 or 8. I am so excited for all of the fun activities and visiting to come. I am not so excited about the over-commercialization of Christmas and the over-abundance of toy commercials on television.

Have a wonderful weekend! Christmas decorations are going up, so I am hoping to have some pretty photos to share some time next week. Decorations make me happy!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh...can I steal this from you? I need some writing inspiration! This was a fabulous idea. Out of curiousity, you don't live close the Twin Cities, do you? 'Cause if you're in Mn where it's snowing...we should meet up for a blogger coffee date.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin