December 6, 2011

So Proud of my Brother!

Over the Thanksgiving weekend, my family hosted a belated graduation party for my brother since they knew Mr. M and I would definitely be in town. My brother had just recently graduated from the Valley School of the Healing Arts with all kinds of credentials in massage therapy. To celebrate his graduation and all of the obstacles he had to overcome to get to where he is today, my parents invited friends and family to celebrate on the Saturday following Thanksgiving.

Photobucket
The cake was white. Not sure how it looks pink here.
This cake was bought through the local grocery store's bakery. It wasn't really a cake that I thought suited my brother's graduation, but there really isn't too much to choose from where my parents live. My mom told me that they had asked what he had graduated in, so she told them massage therapy. Then they asked her if she would like them to add hands for an extra 9 dollars. She quickly declined. I told her she should have because we could have potentially made it into Cake Wrecks fame. Could you imagine hands on the cake above? That would have been hilarious! And, I would have thought they would have made it less 'girly', but I'm not the baker now, am I?

Photobucket
"My, you are rather stiff."
I had to include this photo (above). My mom bought this sculpture for my brother last year, and she just had to use it on a little table she set up to display all of his certificates (below). For privacy's sake, I blurred out his name.

Photobucket

It was really nice to see a lot of family I had not seen in a while. And it was also nice to meet some of my brother's friends and interact with them. One of his good friends found my dad's guitar case sitting in a corner and pulled it out to start playing a bit. My dad had not pulled it out to play in a long time, so it was nice to see him go upstairs and come back down with his 12-string to play along.

Photobucket

This photo is one that I will probably treasure for a long time. My dad and brother are very alike in a lot of ways and as a result they really have a hard time getting along. This night was an incredible night, not only because we got to spend time with friends and family, and listen to music, but also because my dad and brother had a great time together. 

I know the whole day completely overwhelmed my brother. He was so amazed at how many people came by to congratulate him and show their support. My brother is one special person and I know he will go far in life. It may be a slow start, but you have to start somewhere!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Very exciting :D I bet you are so proud!

    P.s. When pics of your booties?!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Eric! Looks like y'all had a great time! So happy you did!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin