December 5, 2011

Wear I Work - The Blues

Photobucket
Top: Kohls, Skirt: The Limited, Shoes: Aerosoles
I'm not one to normally go monochromatic. I just have to have my color. But, every once in a while it is nice to do something a little different. Such was the case with this outfit. Normally, I would have paired a brightly colored top with this skirt, but then I considered the grey heels I just bought and had to figure out what top would work with both the skirt and the shoes.

The top was a rare find from Kohl's and quickly became a favorite. I don't know why, but I feel it is not as versatile as I had hoped it would be. Nevertheless, it is that simple top that likes to make the outfit, which is fine by me.

On a side note, did you know going monochromatic tends to provide a slimming effect? Give it a shot sometime, you will not be let down!

Do you usually like to stick with a monochromatic scheme? Or do you love punches of color? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Recreate the look!

2 comments:

  1. i have tons on neutrals in my closet, but last year i vowed to throw in a bunch of color. still, i always feel great in black! i like your printed top here.

    i did check out outback red online. not too many things avail, but they had some cute tweed skirts that i liked.

    [oomph.]
    What's the next line? Help write the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute outfit. I also like your hair!! I am new to your blog!! Cute!! I am going through a wardrobe change and trying new shirts with different skirts etc. Great look!

    P.S. I have 2 Christmas giveaways going on... hope you'll stop by and sign up!

    Lindsay@ A Design Story

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin