December 7, 2011

Wear I Work - Ruching is Your Friend

Photobucket
Top: Sears, Pants: The Limited, Shoes: Very old
Have you ever wandered into a store that is not one you normally frequent? I did that the other day when I walked into Sears. I felt I needed a fresh approach to the clothing I look for. On that particular day, I was looking for some basic sweaters that I could dress up or down. Plus, I needed to find a bathroom and Sears was the closest.

When I first looked at this sweater on the rack, I immediatly noticed the ruching across the stomach area. The sleeves looked a tad small, but I loved the color and ruching is definitely my friend. I tried it on and was instantly smitten with it. I wore it to work no long after, and it is now one of my co-worker's 'favorite' sweaters. 

So, how is ruching your friend? Ruching is remarkable at hiding things you ordinarily do no want exposed. For ladies that are self-conscious about their stomachs, ruching across the stomach hides everything and, depending on how the rest of the piece of clothing is cut, will create the illusion of a slim and trim waistline. And what lady does not want that? 

Recreate the look!

2 comments:

  1. That color is great on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin